Saturday, July 21, 2007

UWF Final Show Joneboro AR

Hey Guys
I am new to the board. Some of you old timers will remember me as David Haskins. I have not worked under that name since 1986. I was lucky enough for Eddie Gilbert to bring me into MidSouth owned by Bill Watts and they teamed me with a guy name Shane Douglas we competed for the UWF rookie of the year along with Steve Cox(DR Death protege) and Gary Young who lives in Little Rock now. Brain told me he was present at the above mentioned Jonesboro show.It was there that the biggest rib ever pulled on me in the wrestling business took place. The next day was a pay per view Terry Taylor vs Nikita Koloff for the World TV title.I was working Taylor that night in Jonesboro . We wre supposed to do a 30 minute broadway. The Late Pee Wee Anderson was the referee and Tommy Gilbert gave the finishes because Eddie was the booker.At about the 28 minute mark Taylor said try to pin me every way you can think of so I did Small packages school boys any kind of cradle you can thank of.The last deal he cut me off and went to slam me put me behind him and said roll me up so I pushed him into the ropes and rolled him up. Pee Wee counted 1 2 3 And I was shocked about 12,000 people were losing their minds as I stood in Disbelief I was shocked worst than them. Taylor was yelling that I was shooting on him I am still stunned Pee Wee is saying what are you doing you screwed up the whole pay per view as he pushed me through the people to the dressing room. I go in and Eddie and Tommy start going crazy I am saying I am sorry and I didn't do anything. Then Taylor comes in and goes crazy for about 5 minutes then Eddie starts laughing and every one says it was a rib. I had never been so relived in my life. But it was a great end to a great territory. Was anyone else there.

6 comments:

Brian Tramel said...

They never said anything about the Title change on TV; did they?? Taylor and Koloff unified the belts the day after; right?? BTW..I love this story and I was there to see it happen!!

Administrator said...

Wow, great to have Davey Rich on the board. Looking forward to hearing more stories in the future! Especially some from my personal favorite territory, Continental.

Brian Tramel said...

You got tell us at least one good Tommy Rich story!!

Brian Thompson said...

The UWF was truly a special promotion. I was six years old when that show occurred (do you feel old now BT? lol) and I remember watching UWF shows back then that pushed it. I also remember hearing about the "Dr. Death Mug" they were pushing.

Iceking29 said...

I was six years old too when that show occured, of the promotions that I would like to see on DVD whether through a WWE or somewhere else is UWF.

Hal said...

Do I really have to say how old I was when that happened??

Hal