Wednesday, August 08, 2007

blog on respect and honor

I normally don't post on message boards because of all the drama that gets started, but I do read them often. I have read this board and several others over the last few weeks and have been sicken by what I have seen, so I put my opinion into a blog on my myspace called RESPECT AND HONOR of the Wrestling Business. I want to invite anyone that is interested in reading it to check out http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=222657938&blogID=294475145 or go to http://www.myspace.com/notoriousstarr and look under the blogs. The reason I posted on myspace and not here is only due to the fact of being longer then most messages on here I did not want it to take up too much space.

Please feel free to comment on it, I would love to know what others think. I do want to state that its not pointed at any one person, show, etc., its just the wrestling world in general. Everyone on here it talking about LACKED PSYCHOLOGY, what about the LACK OF RESPECT and HONOR.

3 comments:

Bluesman said...

The lady hit the nail on the head.

mr x said...

Very well said, I could not agree Moore. That young lady has a old school insight that BT should stand up and take note of. Why is it, that there is a critic who reviews the TIWF TV shows, but never reviews the NBW or TLCW shows. Do they not also do TV shows? I have seen a lot of the TIWF shows. Yes they do need some improvement, but what indy show around here could not use some improvements. Yes some promotions are better than others, but lets try to help each other, not tear each other apart. All the promotions around here could use moore fans at there shows. You want get moore fans in Dyersburg by tearing down a promotion in Jackson. I am just a fan who wants to see W.Tenn wrestling get better, Because I refuess to watch that SHIT on cable T.V. Thank You

Administrator said...

I think this message behind this is a good one, of course she hit the a number 1 problem on the head, the biggest problem is EGO. Which is assinine, guys who are the "star" of a show that draws 25 to 50 people and they've got an ego. You've got guys on shows arguing about whose the better worker when nobody knows how to work. That is where the respect and honor thing comes in. If these guys really respected the business and wanted to honor it they would learn how to work before they get in the ring, that's a huge problem these days, any jack off can get in the ring and call himself a wrestler, at least back in the day you had to come up with some boots and stuff, now you got guys in the ring wearing what they wore in the building.

As for protecting kayfabe, as Jim Cornette once said, "that's like throwing a glass of water on the Chicago Fire, that ship has sailed." Now I understand not just blatently telling things that don't have to be told but in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter anymore and most fans are more intriqued with all the "real life" stuff than what goes on in the ring.

Whether I agree with everything in that blog or not, it's nice to see someone showing some passion and genuine concern for what's going on, more people need to.